Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dogs used as Shark Bait! WARNING GRAPHIC!

People think dogs are dangerous? Nothing can be as cruel as the Human Animal!

Dogs used as shark bait

Cruel ... dog with hook through snout

By IAN HEPBURN

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005450117,00.html

STRAY dogs are being skewered on hooks and dragged behind boats as live shark bait, The Sun can shockingly reveal.The cruel practice takes place on French-controlled Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, where Prince William spent two holidays.
A six-month-old labrador pup was recently found ALIVE with a huge double hook through its snout - like the dog above - and another through a leg.
The pup was found in a coastal creek and is thought to have somehow freed itself from a fishing line.
But other dogs and kittens have been chomped up and swallowed by sharks.
The RSPCA plans to petition the French government, demanding an end to the hideous torture.

Update:

Bait monster off the hook

Horrific ... labrador with hook through paw

By IAN HEPBURN

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005460101,00.html

SHOCK new pictures of a pup used as shark bait were revealed yesterday as the man behind the atrocity walked free from court.
The little labrador had a wired hook driven through a paw so it could be dragged through the sea to attract sharks.

Suffering ... dog

It is a different pup to the one pictured in The Sun last week with similar hooks in its snout and leg.

Our exposé of the horrors inflicted on strays on French-controlled Reunion Island, near Mauritius, led to the court appearance of Jean-Claude Clain, 51.

Monster ... Clain, left, in court with lawyer

The dad of three was convicted of cruelty. But more outrage erupted yesterday after he escaped with a puny three-month SUSPENDED jail sentence.
Paul Littlefair of the RSPCA said: “We would have hoped for a far stronger deterrent. This is very disappointing.”
More than 33,000 Britons have signed an RSPCA petition demanding an end to the savagery.

The pup in our picture is recovering and has been adopted by a family.

5 comments:

Amstaffie said...

I responded, but it didn't show up, so here goes again. So if you get 2, ooops!

This made me so upset to read. I could feel my tummy churning inside. I really don't know what to say at the moment, I can't get my thoughts together because I'm sooo angry. *grrrr*

I've got it!!!! Let's put a double shark hook through the man's nose and drag him behind a boat & wait for a shark. Actually I think we should put the hooks somewhere else, but I'll keep that one quiet.

"The godly are concerned for the welfare of their animals, but even the kindness of the wicked is cruel." Proverbs 12:10

Conners said...

I was so appalled too Andee, that I wasn't sure even if I should post it...but then I thought, NO! The world needs to know the cruelty of man as horrific as it is. This is real and happening. Even more upsetting is he only got 3 months probation.
That man should be behind bars for many, many years. I'd say life, but I believe you have to kill a humane for that. Just think, if a pit bull bit him, it would get the death sentence, yet look at what he is doing to all those cats and dogs. It's torchure, yet he gets away with it. I don't see any justice in this what so ever! It's SICKENING!

Faira said...

I was not shocked. I live in America,the land of the? and home of the? And although I love my country, we have many, many cruel people here, too.

I took in abused pets for about 5 years until I couldn't take the heartbreak anymore.
So I know first hand what "Civilized"??? "People"??? are capable of!

All countries even the most "civilized" (and they are the worst in my opinion) will prey on the weak and the innocent!

We can only make sure we "vote" for the "laws" that will put them down or away for a very, very long time ... for all these "Civilized" "atrocities" that they commit.

But it always seems the more civilized a country becomes the more loop holes that are created for those who break the laws of humanity. And they the abusers always cry the loudest and the longest for their rights! Faira

Conners said...

I couldn't agree with you more Faira. It seems like only yesterday, dog was man's best friend. A boy and his dog. The perfect family with mother, father, son, daughter and the family pet dog.
WHAT THE H*LL HAPPENED????
I too rescued animals and saw atrocities that I couldn't believe and I too had to go on medication for my nerves. We saved many, but many more we couldn't.
While we are out trying to save them, careless and inhumane people continue to abuse these poor creatures with no mercy. The cruel and the heartless distroy without a second though, whether it be a sic pleasure or in the name of greed.
I personally will never understand how people could be so cold and heartless.

DM Josh said...

This doesn't make sense. Couldn't there be a better shark bait? This is weird and wrong.