Monday, March 07, 2005

Sponge Jonathan...Birthday Boy...


Sponge Jonathan Posted by Hello
This is my eldest grandson, Jonathan who just turned 6 this March 1st. You can probably tell by this pic, that Sponge Bob is one of his favorite characters. He was thoroughly thrilled when he saw this. Made me feel very special knowing I could make him so excited and happy over a very simple thing. One day I will fix it up, as you can see, it's just quickly put together and needs some doctoring up...But Jonathan didn't even notice all the flaws.
His hero is Spider Man. I thought it was just a phase he was going through, but it's lasted for several years now, so finally my daughter, Danielle is fixing his bedroom into a Spider Man haven. For his birthday, his Me'-Me' got him all the Spiderman bedding and a couple of throw mats. I'd like to sew him some curtains that look like the webs he shoots out of his gloves and see if I can find a Spider Man light shade for the ceiling. The rest we can do with paint and his Spiderman paraphenalia..
He loves sports and is an active little boy that is putting all that energy in the right direction. That's why I bought him a brand new 5 speed BMX for his birthday. First, I pretended that I had totally forgotten about his birthday and once he received and opened all his gifts from everyone, I asked him why he didn't remind me? With that I told him I'd pick him up a little something tomorrow. He was happy with that, but now I couldn't stand it any longer. I told him that I did happen to get a card and perhaps Mommy could help read it for him. Of course, she was already told about my plan. I had provided a clue inside the card for him to go out in the back and find something black and yellow. Little did we realize all the things that were black and yellow outside within the patio.
The first thing he spotted was his Daddy's snow shovel. Then he found a Giant Tiger plastic page. We were all dying of anticipation and he wasn't even looking in the right area. We thought maybe we should help him out and told him to search the other side. Well, he spotted it...And his eyes went so big as he yelled out, "The bike?" You could see him shaking with excitement and he wouldn't let anyone help him bring it in the house for him. It was that much more difficult, because of all the snow. Meanwhile, I'm taking pictures galour of him. LOL
Later, when we were alone eating a hotdog in the kitchen together, he told me this was the best birthday EVER! He also told me, "Gramma, I knew you didn't forget my birthday!" and he had the biggest grin on his face. I might have (did) go over my budget to get him that bike and will be really watching my pennies for the rest of the month, but seeing that look on his face made it all worth while.
The funny part about the bike was once I bought it. It didn't make sense to try to carry it and it was snowing and pushing it would have been too slow, so I gave it a test ride home and set the gears for him to make them the best way for him to ride until he can handle the changing of the gears. I received a few grins and chuckles as I rode by, but I didn't mind...This was for the love of my grandchild...And he's worth it!
I have one more Grandson, Julian, Jonathan's younger brother that is 2 1/2, but I'll save that story for another blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great Addition!
Skin Brushing