Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Nothing Goes to Waste...


Food Source Posted by Hello
I took this photo and anyone that has seen it says, "GROSS!" I didn't take it because of how it looked, or what was on it. I took it for what it represented. How every creature must eat and how, what is trash to one, is a feast to another. This left over morsel, became food, not only for these flys we see, but to ants and all kinds of insects that I observed bits and pieces carried away. I watched at an army of ants diligently struggled to walk long paths, over ruts and dirt, never faltering, but pushing closer and closer to their destiny. I was amazed by the size and weight that these tiny insects carried. How others rushed as if a silent whistle was blown.
It was a beautiful summer day. I was lazily enjoying the warmth of the sun on my body sipping a cold drink, and watched the insect world buzy at work. They never stopped to rest. I found myself thankful that my dog had abandoned her bone, as that one little bone fed multituded of hosts...and those same insects helped my garden florish.
Do I have too much time on my hands, you must wonder? Perhaps it was heat stroke? No! Just a simple observant day, is all.

No comments: