Tuesday, March 01, 2005

%$&@# GOVERNMENT! ONTARIO BAN OFFICIAL!

The official statement came today at 3:30 PM that the Ontario Pitbull ban has passed. How proud
Michael Bryant must be as I quote a statement from the headlines; "Attorney General Michael Bryant says "Ontario becomes the first province or state in North America to have a law that protects all it's citizens from pit bulls."
DUH! Did I ASK for protection? Did the migority of the province ask him for his protection? We've asked for so many other things...like promised made in campaign speeches that were never upheld. Oh wait...Michael Bryant did give the disability allowance an increase of 3%...afterall, they haven't had an increase in the last 20 years. So...hmmmm...maybe that will bring it up an extra $15 or $20 a month (CAN). OH!!! Mr. Bryant! I should kiss your ass for that! Thank you sooo much! It's ALL BS! That still leaves it under the poverty level.
I'm sorry! I'm so off track because this is all so ridicules. And the part that is worse, is there was a vote with all the MPP's, meaning at least over 50% of them are IDIOTS TOO!
I'd better take a few breaths and calm myself down so I can tell you all the details, rather than just ramble on. 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... (BIG breath)
Basically, everything is the same as what Bryant was requesting, regarding the grandfather claus, allowing current owners to keep their pits, but prohibits them from breeding or acquiring new pit bulls. They must be spayed or neutered and leashed and muzzled while in public.
The new legislation increases fines to a maximum of $10,000 and allows jail sentence up to 6 months for owners of 'dangerous dogs' that bite, attack or pose a threat.
Does that mean that if someone came breaking into my apartment and was about to attack me with a knife, and Shasta came to my rescue to try and protect me and she bites my attacker, she's history and I'm fined and jailed? As for the person trying to endanger me, would michael Bryant then pin a metal on his chest?
Corporations that own pits can be fined up to a maximum of $60,000 and also allows a judge to order restrictions to be paid in relationship to an offence. As far as details regarding the date of proclamation and when the legislation will take effect will probably be announced before the end of next month.
Boy! I hope the pet shops are having sales on muzzles, because there are a lot of us going to need them. Hmmmmm...I wonder if I could somehow change Shasta into looking more like a St. Bernard? It just could work...you think?

No comments: