Thursday, June 16, 2005

HOT Dogs Can Be Cool!


Cool Shasta Posted by Hello
Shasta is taking time out from playing with her friend Lucy, to show you her cool shades. You can't see the pretty, silk, green and white bow scarf on the back of her collar. Obviously, she doesn't see very well with them inside, but outside she really enjoys wearing them. And why not, if the sun bothers our eyes, I would imagine the glasses must feel good for her too. Is that a hint to other doggy owners? Perhaps! *giggle*
When Linda brought Lucy over for a visit yesterday, I was shocked at how much she had grown. She's clearly catching up to Shasta and she's only 3 months old. Lucy is a purebred Heinz 57 and full of puppy energy. It amazes me to watch the two play. Shasta is so gentle with her dispite her size and energy and well aware that she is a puppy. It was my friend that was telling Lucy to be gentle. LOL But Shasta was enjoying the robust play of the pup. She was sharing her toys, her food and her water.
There is one toy she has that has a ball inside of a ball with holes, but they can't quite grasp the ball inside. It's a fun toy and Lucy loves to play with it. When it was time for them to go, my friend took the ball away from Lucy and returned it to Shasta's toy box. Shasta, not wanting them to leave, retreived the ball from her toy box and brought it back to Lucy. It was a sweet gesture. And while they were here, I wanted Linda to see Mr. Pige On, so we went into the other room to see him while Shasta babysat Luc. You could hear them playing from the other room, yet I know in no way would Shasta harm her in any way.
It made me feel so good to watch as Shasta played with such gentleness even though Lucy still has her sharp little baby teeth and her nips can be quite painful. But Shasta didn't mind one bit.
It makes me think that if only some people could see through my eyes and see what I see. If only they would take the time to see and to listen. It's not just Shasta, but misunderstood breeds. If they would only give us the time to show them, our dogs could melt a lot of harden hearts...but they won't take the time.
On a very POSITIVE note, I have not come across one person not anxious to sign this new petition for the amendments to the Pit bull Ban Law. Sometimes I take Shasta along with me and naturally she minds her manners. Quite often she attracts the people that I was about to approach. In her own way, she is helping to make amendments for her own breed and not even aware of it.
A funny thought just popped into my head. Headlines on front page; Pit bull Shasta helps to amend Michael Bryant's, Ontario Pit bull Law. LOL Best I teach her how to curtsy. Wouldn't that burn him up inside?! *giggle* And I feel very positive with this new amendment as this time there is a hired lawyer working our case, so Tryant Bryant won't be able to file all our signatures under 'Trash' this time.
Now, If other Provinces in Canada and States in the US that are looking to adopt Bryant's Bill 132, think of it. If we Ontarians have a victory with this at home, it will also most likely effect the other places that are looking at Bill 132. It could be a far vaster victory than just home. I'm excited!!!
I've got to go. I need some huggin' from my Shasta. Have you hugged your dog today?

4 comments:

Guitartists said...

Too cool in her shades ;) Her future must be bright ;) LOL

Conners said...

That's what we're hopin' for! LOL Now scoot to the store and get Bridget a pair. You wouldn't believe how much Shasta loves them!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

Guitartists said...

Ya know...I don;t know that I have seen them at our pet store... I will have to look for them next time I am there.

Conners said...

If you can't get them, let me know. I can get them from here and ship them to you. One size fits all.