Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Do You Love Animals and Pets?...come take a look

I've been working so hard on my new web page, Conners Wonderland and although there is still lots to do, I've got a few pages up already. They're the animal and pet pages (although the pet page is still not completed as I need to add more pictures)...but if you love animals as I do, I hope you come to check it out.
Writing a blog is fun and good for the soul, but with the web pages you can put all your information in pages, and others reading them don't get so confused. My blog goes from one thing to the next if you hadn't noticed. A lot like my brain. LOL
I feel good that I got it started. I've been looking to do another one for a long time now, as my old one was probably about 10 to 15 years old, and I had a lot of help from a very good friend of mine Nebbie, on that one.
That one was more about fighting for Fibromyalgia to be recognized when the doctors were still saying, 'it's all in your head'. Seems I do pages when I have a cause to be fighting for in one form or another. LOL The old site is still up...outdated, but there if you'd like to take a peek. It's
Conners Corner and it has more information about me that this one won't. Plus in that amount of time, things change...like I don't have 16 pets anymore...nor a husband and the kids are out on their own...and grandchildren weren’t even thought of (heaven forbid) at that point.
Back then, my net buddies and I had never met in person, but one day I hopped a plane and I went to Nebbie's in Florida. I'd never been to Florida in my life, yet here I was ready to go. The closer it got I began to get scared. I kept watching Cops on tv and they showed all the shootings in the States. In Canada, you basically can go with your doors unlocked, but all of a sudden, I emailed Nebbie and asked her if she packed a gun? You responded with, 'Well of course! I carry one in my garter and the other in my purse!' Now I REALLY was scared to death. I didn't realize she was only joking until I re-emailed her. WHAT A RELIEF!!! *whew*
I stayed there for a whole month, which didn't seem long enough, although I missed my kids and pets terribly, but we chatted almost every night through ICQ, so that felt a lot better.
I also met some of my other email and chat buddies while up there. Susanne only lived about a 15-minute drive from Nebbies and I met her family and her swarm of cats. She was an absolute riot, just like in her emails. My other chat buddy Dave from Georgia came to Florida to meet me. Funny how you can travel that distance and be amongst friends. We had talked together for about 4 or 5 years at least previous, so it wasn't as if I didn't know what I was getting into meeting strangers. We had talked on the phone, sent snail mail and small gifts to each other for years. The only thing we never did was meet in person.
That was in the day I refused to send my pictures to anyone. I had a very bad image of myself at the time, but I was going through a lot to give me that outlook. Funny, but Nebbie recognized me right off as soon as I came into the airport runway lobby.
Even with her never seeing me, she got to know my personality and when this tiny little blond comes off the plane with 2 people on one arm and 3 on the other, she knew that HAD to be her Conners. LOL I was trying to get people on the plane to pretend they were me and during that trip, I got a lot of phone numbers to call while I was in Florida. It was quite the experience and I loved every minute of it.
Well, I better get some more done on my homepage...then I really have to do some chores around here. Who made this mess???

No comments: