Saturday, April 09, 2005

My Dad...I'm Worried!

I just got an email from my Dad’s lady companion that he is not doing well. He’s back in the hospital 16 days now and was so medicated that he didn’t recognize anyone or where he was. He has come out of that now, but the found that he has a very bad heart and won’t guarantee he will live through it if they operate. He’s also very weak with his legs and back and they will try therapy to see if that can be improved.
The problem is he lives in Calgary, which is 2000 miles away. I’m going to check out the bus prices to see how much that would cost and hopefully I can get there to see him, but it would take a long time to save up that kind of money regardless. I haven’t seen him for about 15 years now because of the distance, although we kept touch through emails and phone calls. It’s still not the same though and I’m worried about him. I want to be there for him. I want to be there for her too.
Ruth is a very sweet lady with a big open heart and through the years I have become much more closer to her, although I’ve never met her in person. I’m glad she is there for Dad. If only I could be too. Ruth lost one of her son’s almost a year ago come the 26th and of course she is very stressed. I want with my heart of hearts to be there for them both, but 2000 miles is virtually impossible for me to get to.
I’ve been shedding tears today racking my brain with answers and solutions. Nothing is coming, but maybe tomorrow I will find out more. I’m so thankful to Ruth that she keeps me informed. I was always the protected one and nobody would tell me anything until things were finally all right again. I wrote Ruth and asked her to be upfront with me and she has been that. It may not be news I’d like to hear, but it’s things like this I need to know and I appreciate that she kept my wishes.
I’ll keep this post updated when I find out more.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Conners,
Hang in there- I know it is often tough to see through the storm but it really does get better. I understand what it feels like to feel helpless when you cannot be in person to help. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Allison