Tuesday, May 23, 2006

mission: SAVE THE DOGS!

I received a warm, encouraging comment in my guest book on my web sight yesterday from a fellow named Greg. I tried to get to his homepage, but for some reason I wasn’t able.

What I did come across was his blog,
Dogs are us. He’s in the Philippines and his mission is to save dogs.

He doesn’t fight for them in the same way you and I fight against the BSL with letters, emails, media and lawyers. It’s true, we have an underground that takes innocent dogs out of the province and what we do is rewarding and fantastic to bring dogs and place them in safe hands.

But Greg’s story is different than ours. He puts his life on the line everyday to rescue the most horrific and inhumane practices of the illegal scum of the earth and the hideous treatment of dogs.

I’ll tell you right now, reading his blog made me feel sick right down deep in the pit of my stomach, yet if everyone were to close their eyes to truth, no matter how upsetting, we wouldn’t have people like Greg and others fighting to eliminate these repulsing acts.

I wrote in one of my comments to him that it was ‘man’ that was the most dangerous animal on the face of the earth, but as I thought about it while trying to fall asleep, I found my statement to be wrong. I’m repeating in the same way that unknowledgably people speak about dangerous breeds of dogs. They are stereotyping dogs just as I am of humans.

There is the good and the bad in amongst us. The compassionate and those without and it’s because of this, we fight each other to try to rectify and balance what is good and right. To fight for dogs that can’t fight for themselves and fall victims to the people with no conscious, but only the greed of money.


His life touched my very soul and I thank the Lord for people such as him. I don’t know him, yet I worry for him as he’s right at the front lines for the sake of saving dogs.

Greg, should you ever pass my blog again, I want you to know that you have touched me so much by a simple reply to my web site and opened my eyes to the fights going on even in a world unfamiliar to me. Thank you so much for that. God bless you.

4 comments:

Amstaffie said...

Wow, what a courageous man.

Hope you're holding up well with all that's going on.

Hugs & love!

Conners said...

VERY courageous!!! I'm so glad we are blessed with loving people such as him for the dogs and animals!!!!

pitbulljungle said...

Greg seems like a god sent for the dogs.....He has so much courage and drive to help these guys out. I wouldn't ever be able to do the things that he does and see the things that he sees without going insane on the dog traders there.

Conners said...

I know. When I was rescueing animals from the puppy mills and trying to shut them down it was a lot simular and it sure played a head trip on my brain and my health.
I had to remind myself of the ones that I saved, not of all the others I couldn't.
Many were in so poor condition they had to be put down and the REALLY hurt! You don't save them to have to put down, but at least it was done humanely and they no longer needed to suffer.
So many low lifes and scum of the earth having no remorse what agony they do to animals in the name of greed.
Thank God for Greg and people like him. He truly is an angel!