Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A day of rest for the courts and contemplate for me.

While we here in Ontario may be taking a break on updates and summarys until court tomorrow, life still goes on.

While I was really disappointed with yesterday afternoons results, I remind myself that battling in court isn't always going to go your way and the final verdict is up to the judge. The battle rages on.

We would like all that support us to wear orange ribbons for the duration of our fight, or if you have the orange 'My Ontario includes Pit bulls' buttons, it's your way of showing us, you are with us in this fight.

As you can image the intensity we have been feeling these last couple of days. We've finally come down to the final round of win or lose and we so much want and need this win.

Through all this, Shasta's certificate from the CKC finally arrived. Seems I was much more excited than her. I think she thought she was receiving a treat and a piece of paper wasn't at all what she had expected, nor impressed about.



If she looks a little nervous here, it's because I have not allowed her on the furnature in so long and to have her pose on it made her a bit unsure. But here she is with her Canine Good Neighbour Certificate.

We were a little disappointed that it did not include her breed in the certificate as it was our hopes of photocopying them to send to Clayton Ruby to show how easily these breeds excelled in this course. It may or may not have helped our case, but we were hoping.

I am even more saddened as I put her muzzle on as I take her outside. I suppose I had been unrealisitic in thinking that by today, the muzzles would be off and our Bullies would be free to be dogs again. I even have the torch ready to burn her one muzzle. Don't worry, it's only a BBQ lighter. LOL

Court resumes tomorrow and anyone praying for us, I ask to keep your prayers up. We need all the help we can get to free our bullies of the dreaded BSL as we have already lost too many innocent victims to this absurd law.

To see just a few, I made a page of our Fallen Martyrs of BSL. I also included a wonderous display of pictures that would be criminal here in Ontario, but a sight to behold. Go take a peak. I'm sure it will give you a smile.

The Banned Aid Coalition pages have all sorts of great items to buy and all profits are going towards the legal fund. We need the funds coming in and if you can open your hearts and wallets, we would be forever grateful. Check out their pages and see if you or other members of family, friends may want to help out and the great part is you not only feel good you've helped out, but received something at the same time.

Remember, BSL has no boundaries and it can strike sooner than you think with any breedLet's do our part to do away with it EVERYWHERE!

No comments: