Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ontario Pit bull Owners being placed on Public Record

Dalton Mcguinty has already put in the works of having all Pit bull owners in public records showing their names and addresses (phone numbers, I'm not sure about). It's suppose to be to protect the public, but isn't he putting us, the dog owners at risk?
I live alone with my fur-fam. That's all I need is a crazed Pit bull hater coming to my door. I thought it was pretty vicious that that reporter put the addresses of all the Pit bull owners in the newspaper in Denver, but now Ontario owners fall victim to the same.
It angers me! It frightens me!
What crimes have we committed against society to be dealt with so harshly? Once, not so long ago, we were like other dog owners and citizens not having fingers pointed at us nor treated like criminals. We lived normal lives and played with our dogs in normal and loving ways.
How quickly thanks to Michael Bryant and the Liberals that our lives have changed so drasticly that it mind boggling. I was telling a good friend today as we were driving to our CGN course with our dogs how much I now understood discriminatiation and how the manorities felt as we are now being treated like criminals, with finger pointing. No longer do they say, 'There is a woman with her dog.' Instead it's, 'Look at THAT lady with that PIT BULL!'
I must admit, tI've found he general public to be sympathetic, but the government is trying to push us over the edge. Do they think if they push hard enough we will get rid of our dogs? Then they don't understand the bond of an animal lover with their best friend!
We've abided by all their rules. We've spent the extra money to do what's necessary to be within the law... yet they continue to push and gather up more surprises on us.
They don't give out addresses of convicted murderers that have been released. One being Karla Hamoka who murdered school aged girls. No! She is free to live where she pleases in cognitoe as she has served her time, even though she broke her probation order.
Yet we, who have never committed a crime, nor our dogs, are getting put on a list as if we were common criminals...to protect the public.
What happened to the right of privacy? What can I say...BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!

4 comments:

pitbulljungle said...

I've been searching for this bill on the government pages and can't find it anywhere.....Hmmm. Wonder if they're sneaking around our backs? I'm mad.

Conners said...

Yeah, but that's the whole thing. Just like the muzzling in the cars. It doesn't say it in the government pages. They are taking issues and saying IF they aren't there as Specified, then it's either not within the law or they can make anything up they want as they go a long.
I think the pressure they are putting on us in hopes we will finally break down and get rid of our dogs. FAT CHANCE of that!
I wish May would hurry and come before they stick us with anymore surprises.

IndyPindy said...

I am so sorry. That is just so awful. Can we write letters about this? Who do we write to? Where do we send them?

Conners said...

Thanks Indy! May is not far away and I need to remind myself of that.
Perhaps the Privacy Act will help us. One thing we aren't that you in the states are, and that is innocent until proven guilty. It's quite the opposite here.
I've watched COPS on TV and one thing I always marvel at is, no matter what the circumstances, drugs, crime, etc. As long as one the officers tells the suspect to raise his hands and does what they tell them, there isn't a riot.
Many times they speak with the person to see if they can get them help. Don't fight them and they try to help.
I can't see that happening here until they finally find out you aren't guilty. By that time, who knows how long you are incarcorated for when you haven't even committed a crime. You don't even get an appology when they find you innocent. You just get off and go home, but some have been locked up for months or even a year, lost their jobs, rumours spread about them and your reputation ruined.
Let's face it. The government want the dogs gone! That's no secret and they are trying to bully the pit bull owners into a corner.
Hopefully, this will give Ruby even more to fight with.
I'm a bit...no! I'm a LOT brain boggled Indy. I have an American friend who wants to know where she can go sign some petitions against the BSL in the states. I know I have that info, but do you think I even know right now where those sites are? If you have them, can you either email me personally at conners@defend-a-bull.com or answer through here. I'd really appreciate the help until my brain starts working once again. It's called Brain Overload! LOL