Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Faith, an amazing little dog

Faith Stringfellow is an amazing little dog, with an even more amazing story. Faith suffered from a birth defect, she became a member of our family when she was just a three-week old puppy. My son Reuben (17) picked Faith out of a litter of puppies that his friend's dog had recently given birth to. Several of the puppies were deformed; a few had already died. The mother dog was actually trying to terminate Faith's life when Reuben lifted her weak body out from under the mother dog; he brought her home to me knowing I had a heart like a marshmellow.
Even though Faith has this defect we taught her to stand, hop, and eventually walk on her two back legs, like a human. She's been a great dog and we forget she's handicapped. You'll turn around and she's chasing the geese at the park, running, jumping, skipping, and acting like any other dog...well, any other dog with a nose reach of 40" from the ground! (Watch your plate, she'll clean it for you before you're ready to share.)

Please watch the video of Faith on Montel Williams http://www.faiththedog.net/videos/CoolDog.wmv

4 comments:

pitbulljungle said...

I saw this little girl. She is such a miracle. It shows that she's able to do anything. Great work Faith!!!

Conners said...

You actually saw her in person...or I mean in doggy???
She is the sweetest and smart too. How precious life is that her owner wouldn't give up on her, but was persistant to make her walk. It shows just how good some people are besides the bad. She definitely is a mircle and I love her to bits. How can your heart not go out to her!!!

jstringfellow said...

Hey, my new book is soley about Faith, and it will be out in November. It is called "Faith Alone" appropriately. I think the fans or friends of Faith will love it. It will be written on 5-8th grade level reading, and be packed with stories and pictures. It is my hope that every school in the world wants a copy for their library!

Conners said...

Well hey Jude, we will need to know how to get be able to buy copies of this book. I have two grandkids (still too young yet) but I can still read to them about this remarkable dog.