Wednesday, March 01, 2006

London's Bullie Fund Raiser Bowl-A-Thon

We just had our first London Legal Fund Raiser Bowl-A-Thon this past Sat. Feb. 25th and it was a huge success after everything was paid for..Our team, the 'BEND OVER BRYANTS!' received 5 firsts. One was for best team name, 2nd was for best T-Shirts, 3rd was for most pledges raised, and I can't remember the other two, but all had fun. We had raffles, silent auctions, the Save Taco fund, and lots of bullie t-shirts, scarves, pins, magnets, bracelets, etc. and lots of team spirit in the bowling and cheering department.

'BEND OVER BRYANTS!'

I was coach and cheerleader of our group since I couldn't play because of the balls being to heavy for me to pick up. But I made sure everyone on our team saw Michael Bryants face on those pins and told them they had the balls, so go knock him down for all he's worth. The whole place was filled with excitement and enjoyed by everyone. I even had fun pretending the bank machine was the slots and said look at this, I simply put in my card and win money EVERY time!!!

Rogers TV was there video taping and interviewing. I wore Shasta's collar as you can see in the picture, and brought a framed picture of her for luck. After I was interviewed and made sure they took some shots of our team, they told us it would be aired on Monday. This was the very first time I've been interviewed where I wasn't nervous. Shasta has brought me out of sooo many phobias.

When we weren't aired on Monday, I emailed and so did a lot of other people to find out why. We received a lot of excuses, but they were not aware how such friendly spirited people they had met at the Fund Raiser were also used to fighting tooth and nail all the way for the cause. We are programed to be on 5 and 5:30 PM tomorrow.

4 comments:

Amstaffie said...

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun! :)

Conners said...

Fun doesn't even discribe the feelings going around that day. INCREDIBLE would be more the word as not only are you in celebration for the bullies, but all that you are doing is towards the legal fund for them. It was a successful BLAST!

pitbulljungle said...

It was fun huh? I had a ball. I do think that that picture sucks! I don't even look like myself. hee hee

Conners said...

After those few shooters... aw, yeah...you did! ROFLAO
Now me on the other hand forgetting to take my allergy pills, looked like Gozilla on Steroids, especially the close up of me on TV. THAT was BAD!!!! ROF