Sunday, March 12, 2006

HAND UP! YOU'RE UNDER ARR... HUH?

Living as an owner of a APBT in Ontario, tell me I'm not paranoid!
Shasta usually get's up early to do her quick 'thing' outside in the morning and back to bed we go. I barely wake up for the short time she takes and it's like a vague passing morning tradition that I barely remember.
By the time I was up for the day, I happen to notice an officer standing just outside my apartment by the laneway. He seemed to be looking towards what I thought was my direction. Now that could have been because I stood at the patio doors looking at him...and then I spotted it. Shasta must have taken a poo in the morning and I didn't notice and there it was looking suddenly big too me. Right away, I grapped a baggy, waved to him, yet he kept a serious face and I quickly scooped it up and threw it in the garbage bin. *whew* But he didn't go away.
Right away I wonder why anyone would call the police on Shasta and I? We didn't do anything wrong and have been upholding the law, as crazy as it is.
It was only one poop that I missed, but I got it cleaned up! Why wasn't he leaving and why did he look so damn serious. WHAT DID WE DO???? My heart was pounding hard inside me.
Then I see it's not just one officer but a whole slew of them with multi cars. They even had a Doberman Police Dog with them from the Canine Unit. He was on a leash and I thought how lucky he was he didn't have to be muzzled like Shasta does.
Then it occurs to me, they aren't going to send a squad of policemen and a canine dog for just one poop! *whew* I feel a sence of relief and think something big must have happened in or around my building.
Now nomally, that might cause some concern because whatever went down, you don't normally see about 10 police and a Police Dog looking somewhere around my apartment. I'll have to watch the news tonight to see if it's in there. But relief is what I did feel!
Thank you Michael Bryant for making me so paranoid that seeing police now makes me afraid. Afraid they've come for Shasta and me. Afraid that I missed a poop at the untimely elimination of only perhaps a couple of hours. Relieved it may have 'only' been a murder, or a drug bust, or some other kind of crime, not even thinking of the fear of that alone.
You said you wanted ALL Ontario residence to feel safer. So why do I fear so much because of the breed of dog I own? Could it have anything with allowed entry and seizure? Could it be they don't need reasons to take my Shasta away except by the word of someone? Answer me THAT Mr. Byrant! I fear when I shouldn't fear, but because of your vague law, you never are completely sure if they have found a new way to get rid of our dogs.
I hope they publizise the court hearing on TV when you appear in court. If not, I'm sure the web will be full of you!!! Then I won't fear any longer!

No comments: