Friday, March 17, 2006

He found me...I didn't find him!


This little fellow is a rescue that has been crying out my patio off and on for about a month.

I'd guess him to be about 5 months old, no collar, tags and no signs up to say he's lost. I contacted Animal Care last week to see if a kitten in my area had been phoned in about. There was nothing. I left my name, address and phone number.

The neighbours said they had almost run him over by their car in the parking lot and he comes to different places that have cats, perhaps looking for companionship and food.

His cries would wake me up through the night, and one blistery cold night at 4:30 AM, I brought him in.

Yesterday, March 16th, it became official. I called Animal Control and nobody had called in about him, so I told them I would keep him.

I bought his tags for the year and will take him in to get neutered, all his shots (as I doubt he's ever had any) and have him checked out to see if he may need anything else done.

I didn't want to get too attached to him incase he got called in about, so I never gave him a name. So now the name game will begin.

He's a little scamp, extremely friendly, but was afraid of Shasta at first and expect all dogs. Now the two of them are great friends. Petu gets agitated when he is resting or sleeping and he gets a full body attack from the rear from the kitten being so playful. I try to let Petu handle the situation on his own, but sometimes have to come to his aid.. *giggle*

I've been calling him, 'the Little scamp or brat sometimes, but he follows me around so adoringingly and when he's beside me or on my lap, he's the sweetest little darling.

He's short hair, all white with a gleam of silver through him with a tuff of grey on top of his head.

Well little fella, WELCOME as a new addition to the family! I had to take this picture while he was mostly napping as he's so busy and always in motion curious about EVERYTHING that it's difficult to be quick enough to get a clear shot of him then. LOL

He had no idea what a kitty litter was for, but figured it out quite quickly, and thinks it's the collest invention made for a kitten. He is even learning that he needs to bury his do's after himself. How strange to think this kitten didn't have any of the needed accessaries for a kitten.

When I open the patio door to put Shasta outside, the kitten runs away from the door. I think it's his way of making sure he doesn't have to spend his life out doors again.

It's sad and makes me angry to think that people get a pet just to allow it to fend for itself. They need a law that prevents this sort of thing. Actually they do have Bill C-50, but it has never been enforced. I think once we eliminate BSL, not only from Ontario, but from ALL the countries, it's high time we go after our political parties to start enforcing Bill C-50.

3 comments:

IndyPindy said...

Awwww, how nice of you to give this poor little fella a home! He is beautiful, but not as beautiful as Shasta! I'm sure she likes having a new playmate! I wish I could play with him, I love kitties!

pitbulljungle said...

There's the cutie pie. Wow, he's pretty!

Conners said...

ROFL He's a BRAT!!! But he gives me hours of fun!!! He gets into everything and anything. It's Petu I have to save as he doesn't want to hurt the kitten. The kitten doesn't understand kitty language of NO I guess. He's learning what NO means from me though. Shasta adores him and they even play together and then Shasta will lick his head.
So much for vicious, Pit bulls like the media has them pegged for. LOL