Sunday, June 03, 2007

Pit bull Portraits

Here is a chance to get a free 9X12 portrait of your bullie while promoting a positive image of the Pit bulls as well. Christine has arranged for the press to be there on Friday and it goes on throughout the weekend. Shasta and I are going. We're still up in the air how we are getting to Toronto, but we will be there Friday somehow.

There is no way I am going to miss this opportunity to show a positive light of the Pit bulls and a free portrait of Shasta will of course be bonus as well.

Pit bull Portraits

This is Christine, the photographer who is interested in taking a portrait of your photogenic pit bull and making a collection of what might be "The Last of the Pit Bulls" (in Ontario at least). I will be making "appointments" for the weekend of June 29th, 2007 to July 1st, 2007 – Canada Day for the photo shoot. On the Friday shoot, there will be television cameras because there is a bit of interest in recording the project for a very supportive show called "Behind the Lens". So if you are booking your time on this day, please be aware that your dog, and maybe even you, may be on television. I will also make a point of inviting articulate and television friendly owners for this day, so that issues can be properly discussed.

I will be mailing you a lightjet print of your choice, these are photographic prints that have been exposed through digital lights as opposed to an enlarger and film, however they are traditional photographic prints--not ink. They are gorgeous, high quality (the best quality!) photographic prints with a long life. The prints will be in black and white, and approximately 9 x 12 inches each. If you wish for more than this we can arrange for something. Please have an address ready for me to mail your picture to.

The shoot will be taking place in a studio right near a gorgeous and dog friendly park, for those who would like to make a day of it. It is located on King St. and Stafford St., the exact address is 23 Stafford and there will be some parking available. I will place signs to direct you to the proper studio. I would like to have some dog cookies so that some of the dogs will be pictured smiling and I would like to make friends out of them. Just let me know if there are any diet issues ahead of time. Also, in order to keep this a trauma-free experience, I have decided to use regular lighting instead of flash. As the owners, you will choose how you wish to represent the dog, what he/she will be wearing ( i.e. muzzles, collars, hats) so please decide on this before you come.

As a final note, I have been fielding a bit of anti-pit bull email with ideas towards my project and I would like to assure you that my intentions with the project are completely neutral. I WILL NOT place the project beside or with anything that would direct the interpretation, so I promise not to put them next to hurt victims or display them in any way that would influence their reading. They will be beautiful portraits. Up to now I have been dealing with some fantastic people via email, with some adorable dogs and lovely families that are wonderful representatives for the pit bull breed. If the piece is displayed, I promise it will be in neutral territory and I will be very selective and defensive on your part in all decisions. This will all be in a permission form that will need to be agreed to on the day of shooting.

I am excited to take these portraits and what may become of the project. Please feel free to advertise to other pit bull owners of the project and how they can participate. To arrange for a portrait appointment, please call me at (416) 878-5150.

Days of Shooting:Friday June 29th (Television Day)
Saturday June 30th
Sunday July 1st (Canada Day)

Thank you and talk soon,
Christine D'Onofrio
www.christinedonofrio.com

This project is possible because of assistance from the Ontario Arts Council.

No comments: