Saturday, July 15, 2006

The 'Secret' Diary of Shasta

I thought this was cute and stole it from Shasta's Secret Diary on Dogster.
Things just keep getting better and BETTER!
July 15th 2006 12:03 pm

It's been excitement over excitement. Mommy just keeps telling me all the wonderful news and both her and me are in disbelief and shock that there has been a total turn around in our lives.

No, no! It's NOT what you're thinking! The ban is still on and so is the muzzle.

Our doggy classes keep getting more fun each week and this last week, all the excitement barks were quiet when we fist entered. We're getting used to meeting each week and you can tell our socializing skills are coming back to normal again for the bullie breeds in the class. It's funny what a difference even once a week makes. My favorite night of the week!

My two favorite dogs in the class is one of my best friend, Brutus and Auntie Em's puppy, Daphne. I loved Daphne from the first class we ever had and now we are really good friends. She loves EVERY body and every doggie and she's cute as a button...whatever that means. It's a human saying that doesn't make sense, but it's meant in a good way. BOL

Our next grrreat new's came from Raven's Mommy to mine. She knows the actress, Linda Blair and Linda Blair's passion is animal rescue and has her own rescue organization herself. She visited Mommy's web site and said it really touched her.

Heck. An easier way would be to cut and paste the email on here and you can read it for yourself. Raven's mommy wanted to cheer mommy up with the news especially since she has been sick for so many months now. Here it is;

I got an Email from my friend Linda this morning and she will be coming to Toronto in September! I've attached her note for you to read & here's a link to her website: Linda Blair WorldHeart Foundation. I hope you are pleasantly surprised!

Love you,

Rebecca & Raven, SD

(Rick says "Hi Connie" he's on his way out the door.)

----- Original Message ----- From: WorldHeart To: RICK REBECCA WALKER
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 7:37 PM

Subject: Linda B here/ Connie Toronto

Rick and Rebecca,

I feel so bad. I have been so overwhelmed that I misplaced your email BUT did NOT FORGET you.

I went to Connie's website and was so touched! I asked Beth to put her story on my website but she sorta got busy and forgot I guess...

I was so touched by COnnie and her story that I have agreed to come to Toronto really soon for an autograph show and they are allowing me a talk with Q&A on the animal Welfare issues there. I believe it is Sept?

Beth, my amazing friend who helps with website JUST MOVED TO Colorado. SO we have sorta been on a plateau webwize for a month.

Let communicate again. I think the world of you both and hope to see Connie real soon with her dog if we can get him in to the auditorium and for you to meet Beth in person. I hope to get out there soon too!

Love Linda

So we will be going to Toronto in September to finally meet Raven, his mommy and daddy for the first time and Linda Blair too. Hopefully, we will have won our court case by then and I won't have to wear my muzzle.

The 'he', Linda was referring to was Raven. He has never flown out of the country before and his mommy doesn't know what papers are required for him as he is Aunties Service Dog too.

Then Auntie Nebbie phoned from Florida. Mommy finally met her 8 years ago after emailing back and forth for many years. Mommy went and stayed with her for a whole month, plus she met two more of her emailing buddies she had never met before.Well this time, Auntie Nebbie is coming here and visiting us in late September.When it rains good news, it pours, but I'm not finished yet. It STILL gets better.

My friend, Daisy and her mommy emailed and said they were going to be in Ontario from Nova Scotia and they were finally coming to meet us too. Anutie Gail said it would be on a Sunday, but not sure if it will be this Sunday or not. That would have been tomorrow...maybe.Well just as we were about to go out the door to training class Thurday night, the phone rang and it was Auntie Gail. They would be over by Friday morning.

Auntie Gail bought Daisy and me matching Canadian banadana's so we look like twins. BOL Mommy still needs to put the picture up for all Dogster to see. She brought us lots of treats and Daisy brought us some plain Timmie's treats. YUMMM! *drool* I'm meeting a lot of my Dogster pals and that's soooo barking grrrreat!

Then mommy received an email from her long time email friend, Auntie Sharon. She will be in Toronto from Trinidad in September too and we are goung to meet her too.

Mommy is hoping her body will get better for all this excitement. I'm trying really hard to take care of her, but her body is doing weird things it's never done before and all I can do is be there for her. I can't make it go away. But the last of the good news is still to come.

Mommy finally went to her new doctor and they were talking about him helping to get me certified as her Service Dog. Since I help her with panic attacks and phobias, he needs to send her to a phsyciatrist to have him write her a letter that she needs me as her PSD Service Dog too. Then her doctor will write the letters and forms required for me once she received that other one.

Since I already have my CGN certificate, we are working on me being able to pass my TT and UD test from Delta Society. Mommy got so excited with everything falling into place that she ordered me my SD vest and patches because she wants me to have them by the times I'm registered.

If it hadn't been for my pal, Rambo and his mommy, we may have never learnt how to get me certified in Canada. Thanks Rambo!!!

Just think, I'll finally have all my certificates, my uniform and be as a Registered Service/Guide Dog that I will be able to help mommy even more. How much grrrreater can it get! I feel like howling. I'm THAT barking happy and excited. I'm in puppy heaven, but not the Rainbow Bridge kind. HOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLL!!!!

*woof* Shasta

No comments: