Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Stray dog attacks child

An dog attack in WILX in Lansing doesn't say what breed the dog was, but as usual, Pit bulls and Rotty's have to be named as Dangerous Breeds.

Stray Dog Attacks Child

Watch the video:
Dog Attacks Child
Lori Dougovito

A three-year-old boy is recovering after being attacked by a stray dog in Lansing Friday. It happened around 8:30 p.m. at a home near Miller Road.

The boy was at a barbecue with his uncle and cousin when a dog with brown spots and a blue collar came up to him and bit his face. The boy's uncle, Kelly Rahme, was throwing away some garbage when he heard the boy yelling. Rahme turned around to see blood pouring off of his nephew's face. He took him inside to clean it up then to the hospital where he received 24 stitches.

No one knows whose dog it was. Ingham County Animal Control has been contacted. Meantime, the little boy has to get a series of rabies shots and may need reconstructive surgery to repair the damage done to his face.

2 comments:

Faira said...

Conners, I wanted to share this site with you, I thought you would find it of interest if you are not already familiar with it. It is called the "Official Pit Bull Site of Diane Jessup"
http://www.workingpitbull.com/activities.htm

Sorry it has been so long that I have been away from my computer. I will try to get caught up with everyone and I will try to post a couple of pictures on my site today; then slowly get back into the swing of things. Even though I haven't had the time to comment on any of our friends sites, I have kept up on the reading of your sites, I just haven't had the time to comment or even work on my own site.
Faira

Conners said...

I've wondered how you've been doing as you had so much other things to catch up on. It'll be great to see more pics up on your site soon. I've missed my holidays at your place. *hugs*
I wondered why Diane's name sounded so familiar so naturally I visited her site. EXCELLENT! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to all and have added her link to my page.
Thanks so much for sharing with me. You're a doll as ever!!!