Friday, June 23, 2006

Petsmart is making it a point to let us bullie owners know we are UNWELCOME

UPDATE: I would like to make a correction. The comment I received on one of my other posts with this information was not from someone attempting to put the breeds down, but was added as an attempt to inform me of the Petsmart situation. I misunderstood as I had already known of this and thought someone had deliberately written this as a way of upsetting an already bad situation worse. The information I did write about Petsmart is true though, so I am leaving up this post for that reason only.

Since the ban started some of us here in London, Ontario have been insulted and we and our dogs have been yelled at by managers and staff of Petsmart to the point of pointing fingers and saying, 'Those dogs' as if they have suddenly turned bad.

Prior to the ban, our dogs were welcomed and we created a large volume of business to Petsmart. But with changing attitudes some of us have boycotted them and instead go to other pet stores that welcome our dogs openly.

Our dogs have not changed since the ban. They are the same dogs that customers and sales staff came and admired our dogs previously. Why the hostility now?

There are other excellent pet stores that welcome our dogs openly. They have a wide variety of articles that we now spend our money at these stores instead, such as SuperPet, Doctor Doo's and a variety of others.

I would like to add, that it isn't a Petsmart policy in all cities. We keep up to which are treating us unfairly and rudely. We have forums and notify each other regarding uncalled for incidences. Word of mouth is the best advertisement for any business. It also works the other way around too.

Petsmart Doggie Day Care: (web site withheld. I don't advertise for those against the bullies)
Who may not attend?

-Intact (unneutered) male dogs or pregnant females
-Dogs who haven't been socialized with other dogs

-Dogs in the "bully breed" classification (e.g. Pit Bull Terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Bull Dogs or mixed breeds that have the appearance or characteristics of one of these breeds)
-Wolves/wolf hybrids

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I got it off www.goodpooch.com and I was bringing it to your attention, I'm as disgusted as you are.
I leave myself anonymous because I am writing at work, I apologise for any misunderstanding.

Anonymous said...

Of course I realise now my comment was VERY vague, however it was all I could type in the period of time I had to send it.. And I probably should have thought before hand that yes, you probably would have already known that before hand - as you live there, but I don't, and it was news to me. I can no longer, in good conscience, shop at Petsmart because of it - and I own guinea pigs.

Conners said...

LOL It's ok, I've changed the post. I must say I thought Petsmart was really sticking it to us. ROFL
I can understand now how I misinterpeted your comment.
Nothing wrong with GP's. I had a bunch as a kid and they are a riot.
Couldn't open up the frig door without the sound of Twe twe twe twe. Glad you're boycotting Petsmart too.
*hugs*