Saturday, May 28, 2005

Another Part of my Wonderful Family...


Family Posted by Hello
This is a recent family photo of my daughter, Danielle. Son-in law, Jay and my wonderous, amazing grandkids, Jonathn and Julian.
The greatest part of being a gramma, is it brings back the wonderful memories of being a mommy, yet because you're a gramma, you get to break all the rules that you set up for your own kids. Now I know why all grandkids love their gramma's...and I'm no exception.
I've been so well blessed in my life to watch both my kids grow into young adults. You will meet my son Michael another time...and yes, I only have the two, but as you can see, my family is growing.
Dispite challenges, Danielle wanted so badly to help sick seniors and with two children and a hubby, you wouldn't think she would find time. Many don't. But she is a strong minded person like her mother (me LOL) and determination is what sets her apart from the , I wish I could but... from the doers. She went back to school and took a PSW (Personal Support Worker) to take care of the elderly and sick. She employeed now at a very well known seniors home and absolutely loves it. She loves working with the dementia and alztimers patience the most. She says that giving them their dignatity and comfort is most rewarding. She constantly talks about her 'friends' to me and beams when she tells me different things that has happened at work.
None of this wouldn't have been possible if Jay were not as supportive of her as she needed to achieve her dream. I'm so proud of him for being there for her and the kids to see her through this. She couldn't have done it all by herself and Jay made sacrifices to make sure she could accomplish her dream.
That's what is important in a couple life, it's team work. I helped out when I could to give him a break when I could, but with my health being as it is, I wish I could have done more. Jay's mom also tried to help as much as possible too. But everybodies hard work paid off.
Danielle gave up any resemblance to a social life and focused her whole attention on goal, family and there wasn't much time for anything else.
She's a wonderful loving mother with compashion for others. Her dream now, a reality.
It makes me proud to see my baby of my family go after what she wanted and dedicated her live to achieve it, while not shucking any of the responsibilities she also had at home.
She very strong minded (although at times she didn't feel like she was). Still that didn't stop her from going after what she wanted and didn't take the easy way out.
She gave up all social activities unless it was family related, such as coming here when her Gramma and Uncle Bill came into town for a visit. That's my mom and brother I'm talking about now.
This is a good lesson to young people who feel they can't accomplish their goals because of having families...but then again, you need the support of your partner and family behind you all the way. Many aren't as fortunate.
I guess the most important thing is to try to have faith in yourself. You won't get anywhere's if you continually make up excuses. That' the easy way out. The old story of, 'I would have if I could have.'
She is raising them very simular to the way I raised her and my son. I stressed believing in themselve, have compashion for others and this may seem a thing of the past, but I insisted in good manners.
Jonathan and Julian are being brought up the same way and Danielle received notes from Jonathan's teacher telling her what extrodinary manners he has. Mothers love notes and phone calls are know they are doing well at raising their kids when they hear things like that.
Both my grandchildren are as different as night and day. I'm sure Jonathan will be a lawyer, as he's very bright and always has something to say. Julian will go into the arts or follow into the footsteps of momy or gramma to try to save rid the planet of of pain to the best he knows how. His compassion already shines even at his young age. He loves animals with a passion...remind you of anybody? LOL
He loves people, but he doesn't need to be entertained 24/7 with others as he's just as satified to allow his imagination to grow ad play on his own for hours on end. He's a relaxed, yet curios little fellow. Completely charming and gets attention from others from his genuine smile and cute personality.
Daddy is the shyiest person of all the family, but he is a very hard worker and will give it his all. When he does a job, he does it to perfection or he isn't satisfied.
How could I not feel totally blessed and proud?! I love each one of them dearly. My blog would not be complete if I didn't share with the world, not only my pet family and my passions, but also include those in my life that are a very special part of me.

No comments: