Thursday, December 20, 2007

On a personal note...

To those that follow my blog and see that I haven't written much in the last few months, I want you to know it's not because I've become disinterested in blogging. Far from it!

I have been in bed in a Chronic Fatigue flare since the weekend of Shasta's and my birthday in October. Never did I expect our exciting weekend would make me suffer so long, although I knew I would be useless for a week or two and expected that gladfully. It's one of the consiquences that having good times brings, and normally I took my punishment with the good feelings that it was all worth it.

This time however, a couple of weeks didn't happen and I'm still in bed most of the time and exausted, foggy minded and in pain when I'm awake. Sometimes in sleep too and it wakes me up.

I can't prepare for Christmas with no decorations or gifts bought and have to get Shasta to the vets for her rabies vaccine before the year end for her 2008 license somehow.

Somewhere without me realizing it, it went from fall to winter and hard to believe Christmas is yet about here. Emails have gone unread and through my fogginess I signed up for two things over the phone which I can't remember what. Under normal circumstances, I would NEVER do such a thing, but I assume it must have sounded good for me to do that as there isn't much fun in being down for the count for all these months.

So, in case I forget... both Shasta and I are wishing you all the very best of the season no matter how you celebrate.

For those that celebrate the same as we do, have a very merry Christmas and the reason we celebrate.

Conners, Shasta & Enok

3 comments:

Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

It's good to know that you and Shasta are still around. We wish you a speedy recovery.

I too, from many years of overworking myself, succumbed to illnesses that necessitated me to have surgery. I stopped blogging for many months and have only restarted recently.

I'm still only 80% well, and have yet another, but not as critical operation, to do come Summer. But for the meantime, am enjoying not working as hard as I have been and learning to take things slowly and have more spare time for myself and my family.

Merry X'mas and a super 2008 to you both too, and wish us all a happy and healthy future.

Take care!

Pete

Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

Wishing you and all your loved ones a very Merry Christmas!!!

Conners said...

Thank you Pete and the same goes from us to all of yours too.
I hope you read my newest post and for those like us that illness and disabilities are part of our lives, or even with difficulties in their lives, I hope I bring some inspiration into theirs.
While I may have had to learn to live my life differently and some of the old things have been changed to learn new, I find I'm wiser, more patient and more abled in my ways with a mind set that won't quit. Some call it stubbornessness. I call it STRENGTH!
Sure! The dragon whips me around and leaves me battled scarred and worn until I cry and say I can't take anymore! But you know what? It always ends and I get back where I control my conditions rather than them controling me.
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!
(I LOVE the gif!!!) ;)