Friday, August 17, 2007

Petsmart, 1059 Plains Rd. East is Bullie Friendly!

Shasta and I went to the Toronto for the Pit bull portraits and while there we stayed in Burlington at my Mom's place for the Long weekend.

During that time, kitty-corning from here apartment are fantastic stores, like Ikea, Super Pets, Fortino's, etc. Naturally we went into our FAVORITE store, Super Pets.

When in there, we were told they were changing to Petsmart and my heart did a thump downward. The manager was there along with a bunch of staff and because Shasta wasn't on duty, she was able to socialize with both people and dogs in the store. Even though she wasn't on duty, I had to remind her she wasn't and the staff there fell in love with her.

I told them what happened when the ban came what happened to many of our Petsmart's and how they became Bullie unfriendly and how we boycotted those stores since why would we spend money in a store that didn't accept our dogs. They were totally surprised and said even with the change that Shasta and all the bullies would be just as welcome as they are now.

I just got back from Burlington from a two week relaxation vacation with my Mom and brother. Boy did I need it and that's STILL an understatement. That was about 3 weeks later that I went back up again. SuperPets was closed down and Petsmart was still not opened.

Near the end of the two weeks, Petsmart finally opened and when Shasta and I came into the store, we had about 6 excited staff members coming up to us. They remembered Shasta's name, although I'm doubt my name was even mentioned in the first place.

They told me how right I was once the change took over and how they received all these 'DON'T' rules from the American head honcho's for the Pit bull breeds. Always muzzled, no grooming, no nail clipping and if an altercation takes place amongst dogs, it's the Pit bull and owner that must be asked to be removed. They couldn't believe their ears as that was exactly what I had already told them.

They told them about Shasta and what I had told them. They told them she was a Service Dog, off duty and still the most mannerly and friendliest dog and how the Bullie owners tell other pet owners about which stores are Bullie Friendly and news spreads though the internet and other dogs owners also boycott the stores.

Well, they gave the head honcho's something to think about and I'm happy to say the PETSMART at 1059 Plains E, Burlington, ON is BULLIE FRIENDLY due to the wonderful staff that fought for us. They took a picture of Shasta cuddled up to one of the staff and said that picture is going up on their store wall.

If you're ever in Burlington, tell them Shasta the Pit bull Service Dog sent you and says thanks for not allowing this Petsmart dictate to them.

To the staff, I thank each and everyone of you and we'll see you again our next visit to Burlington or Toronto. Let's hope the other Petsmart's follow suit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats great. Always eed another friendly store for my Pitt Bull. Thanks for the heads up.

Conners said...

I'm hoping the Head honcho's will make the same ruling to all of their stores now since it's a Petsmart Policy.

Anonymous said...

What a great break for you and Shasta :)

Conners said...

Nothing is a break when it comes to the Ontario Bullies Sharon. Each one is another small victory and these victories add up. :)