Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Response from WalMart, Canada

Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:37 PM
To: cacustrel
Subject: Customer Service Request
Comments: I was outraged when I read Wal Mart denied access to a service dog & owner because of the dogs breed. I too have an Ontario resticted breed that is a certified service dog & must bring her everywhere with me for medical reasons. She is kept muzzled only because the law passed but she is highly trained and calm that I would hope I would not have the same problems. I hope this does NOT apply in Canada also.
For further details to what I'm speaking of you can view the full details at http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/207615248?ltl=1171753879#body
Please reply back to me as I would like to know if I as welcome to shop at WalMart.

March 27, 2007
Good afternoon Connie,
We thank you for contacting us !
We sincerely regret the delay in replying back to you.
Please be advised of the below as a response to your enquiry -

As long as the animal is a certified service animal, we would permit the animal in the store so that it can assist its owner, provided that the restricted breeded animal is muzzled, if required to be muzzled by law.

Sincerely / Sincèrement, Viswa Janani (VJ)
Bilingual Customer Relations Administrator

Wal-Mart Canada Corp 1 800 328-0402
Sam’s Club Canada 1 866 273-7267 (SAMS)

No comments: