Saturday, February 17, 2007

Chloe the Service Dog and Owner are Denied Access to Wal Mart

This is an outrage and against the law. Please people, sign the petition and pass this on to others. The disabled have it challenging enough without being told what breed of service dog is acceptable.

Chloe the Service Dog and Owner are Denied Access to Wal Mart
Target: Wal Mart Wal Mart, Service Dog Denied Access into Wal Mart



See Full Petition

We had a recent experience at Walmart that was very unfortunate and I would like to ask your help to receive news coverage to help ensure the dignity and rights of those individuals depending upon Service Dogs and hopefully educate the public and businesses of Service Dog rights and American Pit Bull Terrier prejudice. Here are the key points of interest:

1.Walmart’s Illegal Treatment of Service Dogs

•Two Walmart managers requested myself and my Service Dog to leave because of her breed stating there were children in the store and she is an unstable and vicious breed - They continued to asked us to leave EVEN AFTER being informed of our Service Dog legal rights and what they were asking was illegal!

Please send your comments

Chloe's website

Updated information

UPDATE: I contacted WalMart here in Canada and received their form letter stating they received my email and I will receive an email in a few days. That was shortly after this article was written and have never received a reply from them.
I'm going to take Shasta with me to our nearest WalMart and see if I have any problems and will update you again if I do.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's just awful! That really makes my blood boil, I hope WalMart get's what's coming to them. I can't believe people still think you can deny service dogs entry to places!

Amstaffie said...

I can't believe the narrow mindedness of people. I mean if a dog (any dog) has passed what it takes to become a service dog, then there shouldn't be any questions asked.

Anonymous said...

If you are Canadian, you can simply enter 0000 in the store location field, at the Walmart Canada web site, and they'll forward your comments on to the appropriate parties.

Anonymous said...

Thanks marjorie

Conners said...

I was telling Margorie that I tried as a Canadian to use the link and write my views on the discimination of Walmart and it wouldn't allow me because I wasn't as U.S. citizen.
So thanks again Margorie!

Anonymous said...

Yes. When I first heard of this story through a link forwarded to me in my email, I tried to send a quick note, briefly detailing my concerns about the alleged incident at the Huntington Beach store, to Corporate Walmart, through the US web site, and couldn't...well, unless I used one of my old U.S. addresses, I suppose.

But when I tried to send a general comment to corporate Walmart Canada, the online form requires visitors to enter a specific store code. I looked for the code for the Huntington Beach Walmart, but couldn't immediately find it. However, I noticed that my local Walmart's store code is 4 digits.

So, space monkey that I am, I tried entering 0000 (or possibly 0001), and it worked. My message went through, and I received an automated reply right away. I received a personal reply the next day, with the qualification they'd be forwarding my concerns on to the appropriate parties. (I sure hope that doesn't mean the digital circular file.)
;-)

Conners said...

You know, I wrote the Canadian WalMarts and got their form letter I would receive a responce withing a couple of days. I also told them that I too have a bullie service dog and would hope this would never happen to me here in Ontario.
I NEVER received any reply from them at all!!!
I'm going to have to try on my own with Shasta to see if they will allow us in or not. If not, It's boycott ALL THE WAY!
The eather is still bad although warmer during the days and I'm in CFS (CFID), so once I pull myself out I'll see what happens with us and let everyone know.

sleepy said...

Nothing has changed. I was harrassed by a greeter on the way in and then again at the cash. The floor manager was awesome but the store manager stated she was only doing her job. Pretty sure the human rights code says disabled people must be treated with the same dignity afforded to others. I'm skipping going to walmart Canada and going right to a disability lawyer. I have read article after article about this issue at walmart. Time to get serious