Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My Important Pet Family...


Introducing my pet family...past and present... Posted by Hello

* Upper left is BrandyCat. Brandy is now between 21 or 22 years old and is nearing his journey to Rainbow Bridge. He has a heart murmur and the vet said he would never make it to middle age. He was to need heart medication for the rest of his life, but Brandy is a fighter and has surpassed what I was told and hasn't been on his medication for years now.

* Middle top is Petu. I saved him from being abandoned in a blueberry patch in Northern Ontario at a year old. He was full of fleas, ear mites were making his ears bleed and he would yell, as I don't think his hearing was very good. After a visit with the vet, getting him his shots, neutered, and medication for his ears, plus a proper diet, he turned into a beautiful and loving pet. He's 10 years old now and his back paws are so big, I tell people one of his parents must have been a Jackrabbit.

* On the right top we have my baby, Shasta. She has changed my life dramatically for the best. She's a Staffordshire terrier and 2 and a half years old now. I am hoping to get her into the Dog Therapy Program to help seniors and sick kids. (If Bill 132 doesn't pass) Shasta can say, Mom.

* Bottom left is Roxbro. He passed on to Rainbow Bridge a year ago. He was my baby that never grew up. He was a white, silver shaded, chinchilla Persian and gave me 10 happy years.

* In the middle bottom is Spanky, my son's dog. He's a Pit/Pei and although by first seeing him, you might be a bit leery of him, but once you meet him, you find out he has a very friendly, comical character. Spank is 8 years old.

* At the bottom right, is Bunny. She was the kid's first puppy and grew up with them. Once they got older and left home, Bunny was my loving companion. I called her, my daughter that would never leave home. LOL Sadly, only a few years ago, she passed on to Rainbow Bridge at the age of 20. This very special picture of her was taken just the night before she passd. I tried to celebrate our last night together and tried to encouage her to eat all her favorite human foods. She wasn't able to, but she did allow me to take a very pretty picture of her and even smiled for this picture.

* (Picture not included yet) The newest member to my household is Ruby. Ruby is a ruby red (thus the name), Betta. He came to get babysat over the Christmas holidays and decided to stay. Now, he is family.

Each wonderful pet member has been a joy to my family and I. Now that I live on my own, I never feel alone with my loved pet family and the unconditional love we give to each other.

No comments: